harvard school of public health has a new study out regarding health/benefits for working families. Here are some key findings:
* More than 160 countries offer guaranteed paid leave to women in connection with childbirth. The U.S. does not.
* 45 countries ensure that fathers either receive paid paternity leave or have a right to paid paternity leave. The U.S. does not guarantee either.
* At least 96 countries around the world in all geographic regions and at all economic levels provide for paid annual leave. The U.S. does not ensure paid annual leave.
* 76 countries guarantee working mothers the right to breastfeed. The U.S. does not protect the ability of working mothers to breastfeed, despite its importance to the health of baby and mother alike.
* 139 countries mandate paid sick leave. 117 of these countries ensure at least one week. The U.S. does not guarantee even one day leave for illness.